 Administrative / Suggestions / 722
  Re: Avatars?

(...) Not even if they were server-generated and server-stored and less than 3 KB file size and a selectable image viewing size and turn-off-able if you didn't want to see them? (Not saying it's ever going to or not going to happen, just tossing out (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Avatars?

(...) depends on the ease of turn-off-able-ness One click or less, retained from session to session across whatever machine I am logged in on, and maybe. (line wrapping messes left unrepaired, you may want to look into more work (I know you have (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Avatars?

(...) The mess referred to is at posting composition time. the posting box may need to be changed to more closely wrap the line wrap??? (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Avatars?

(...) What it it were (optionally) as simple as *zero* clicks -- automatically turned on or off based on subnet? That's how I think things like 'From:' line selection should default (for people who have two e-mail addresses that they post from). If (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Avatars?

(...) Me too. In fact, avatars aren't even on my long list, much less my short list. We'd like to resurrect the minifig generator sometime with tons more graphic selections and perhaps avatars might be an interesting application of the images. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Avatars?

(...) Do you mean what's sent to the web browser via the <TEXTAREA> box? That's actually sent with WRAP=SOFT, which causes 80+ character lines to appear as if they're wrapped, but they're actually not wrapped. When the browser submits the form, the (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Avatars?

(...) Neat idea. not sure how well it would work for me though, AT&T (er, that is Comcast) doesn't assign fixed IP addresses. and I am on so many different connections in the course of the month (sometimes dozens, seriously) that it would be an (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Avatars?

(...) no, I think that's what I was referring to. I could do a screenshot to confirm we're talking about the same thing but ya I think you got it. (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)