 Administrative / Suggestions / 36
Re: Suggestions to make .market better
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 20:28:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Jeremy Scott writes:
My favorite newsgroups to monitor on Lugnet is .market.  However I am
constantly frusterated when I see people reposting the same message every
other day to sell the same item.  We get the point!

I don't know how to regulate this but I think that the charter should be
ammended to make this act against the rules.  This will reduce this annoying
action.

(Dan answered this one)

Next, we need an FAQ for all the .market groups so that redundant posts
don't show up anymore.

A FAQ is a good idea and exists already. Whether it can or should give
advice about proper behaviour is an open question, but in and of itself
doesn't ENSURE that this doesn't happen.   That takes guidance, and in cases
where it fails, concerted community action, and in cases where that fails,
administrative action.

.market also needs a curator. I know this has been spoken of before but now
it needs to happen.

Market, I believe, HAS a curator, and an extremely able one, in my view. See
this post: http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=10103 and subsequent.

If I were to suggest something in this area it would merely be that the
curator modify the .market front page to remind folks who he is.

Although maybe I am misremembering and only the request was made, but the
curatorship not yet assigned? Some admin help me out here, please! Getting
forgetful a bit.

Curators are not admins, though, and can only give gentle guidance in cases
of charter violations. What is helpful is to support their guidance when you
can do so without furthering a ruckus.

Thanks for listening.

Good topics!

Any followups in regards to curatorship please followup to
lugnet.admin.curators

I copied it but left FUT here. maybe incorrectly?