 Administrative / Suggestions / 249
248  |  250
Subject:
Authenticating Posts is a real Pain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 23:03:54 GMT

Its a great disencentive when using a Newsreader to post to Lugnet that
I have to:

wait to recieve an email,
reply to the email,
click in the email,
type an "x",
que and send the email

For every single post I make in Lugnet.

My newsreader can send a password just like the web interface. Isn't
that enough?

Please consider changing this so that I can send messages from my
Newsreader without having to jump through these hoops all the time.

Maybe authenticate for the first post or two, but once identity has been
established it should be turned off.

People use newsreaders because it is cleaner and faster than cludgy web
interfaces - authentication concels out all the advantages.

David Stonestreet
--
Rocky Road - in Oz