 Administrative / Suggestions / 150
Re: Relocating errant messages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:01:25 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Frank Filz writes:
Cary Clark wrote:

I'm not sure if this is against the spirit of LUGNET or not. My suggestion
is to allow LUGNET administrators and group curators to relocate whole
message threads to appropriate groups, in the case that the poster
mistakenly posted to the wrong group. • ...
One problem is that not only do you have to get the permission of the
original poster, but all subsequent posts...

Since the LUGNET Admin can currently cancel posts without the posters'
permission, I don't see why this would be the case. I assume that my
suggestion could be implemented with a script executed with administrator
privileges. Getting permission wouldn't be technicallly required, but
instead would be a courtesy and a double-check, so that the script wasn't
executed in inappropriate circumstances.

Cary