 Administrative / Suggestions / 143
  Relocating errant messages

I'm not sure if this is against the spirit of LUGNET or not. My suggestion is to allow LUGNET administrators and group curators to relocate whole message threads to appropriate groups, in the case that the poster mistakenly posted to the wrong (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Relocating errant messages

(...) It's an interesting thing, but very tricky do to without breaking news clients. The IBM internal discussion groups did have such a mechanism (they used custom software not NNTP), and even there, with a well controlled client, there were still (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Relocating errant messages

(...) ... (...) Since the LUGNET Admin can currently cancel posts without the posters' permission, I don't see why this would be the case. I assume that my suggestion could be implemented with a script executed with administrator privileges. Getting (...) (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)