 Administrative / Suggestions / 1373
Re: .mecha loading slowly??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:51:31 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Eric Sophie wrote:
   In lugnet.build.mecha, Bryce McGlone wrote:
   I’ve noticed for several months that .mecha seems to take a lot longer than the rest of Lugnet to load. I’m on a T-3 line here but have noticed the same thing at home on DSL.

Seeing as how I’m not super internet speed savvy is there anyone who knows why .mecha takes to much longer?

SNIP

I think it has to do with the newsgroups placement as a sub group of .build.

SNIP

When I use broadband or dial up, it still takes a moment to load. Access speed is not the issue, it is in pulling the info from the database in a sub newsgroup that holds up the load time.

If the location of .mecha as a subgroup of .build is the reason for the slow

Although Mecha isn’t an official LEGO theme I’d suggest to put it as a top level
group like e.g. .trains (see option two).

Anyone else who’d support this??

Marco