 Administrative / Suggestions / 1346
Re: Please consider fixing FTX...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 22:34:59 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Frank Filz wrote:
Take a look at this post:

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=26936

in a newsreader or in raw form, hmm, you'll have to look at it in a
newsreader, here's what I see when I look at the raw form:

snip

No content at all, in fact, that last header looks truncated. Something's
wrong with the raw form.

I see the full post, as I do with the link below - maybe the truncation problem
is at your end?

In any case, FTX which was supposed to leave posts mostly readable in NNTP
or raw form apparently doesn't require newlines before list element tags, so
as a result, it's possible to post a huge list as one massive block of text
without any newlines, totally unreadable.

FTX DOES require newlines before list elements. The problem here is that Dave
chose not to use list elements.

ROSCO