 Administrative / Suggestions / 1107
    Re: Public comments of sets in database —Todd Lehman
   (...) Eww, ya, that's gross. To answer your question -- Is it technically possible? Yes. Is it obligatory? No. Is it warranted? That's a very good question -- and a tough one. Obviously, this doesn't actually answer your question, however. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

        Re: Public comments of sets in database —Kyle D. Jackson
     (...) It would seem to me that it's no different than a message post---the same "guidelines" should apply. I think whether it's a post, a database entry, a member page, an FTX page, whatever, if the domain name says lugnet.com, the same standard of (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Public comments of sets in database —David Eaton
   (...) I would expect that the TOU should be changed from describing behavior in discussion groups to simply behavior on Lugnet. Theoretically, in addition to the set database, you've got: - curators putting data on the newsgroup front pages - (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Public comments of sets in database —Larry Pieniazek
   Personal opinion follows (...) Seems a good list to me. (...) Nod. you COULD argue the ToS aleady addresses this in that it talks about all submitted data, but on the other hand a lot of stuff in there applies to "Discussion Groups" and that ought (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)