 Administrative / Suggestions / 1018
Re: spam blocking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 06:16:25 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
Actually I jsut figured out that changing my email will not really
do anything as my posts with the old email addy will still show the
old email addy.

Actually, the spamblocks you see in the web interface are added
on-the-fly when the page is shown to you.  If you click "reload"
several times, you'll see several different spamblocks.

--Todd

Yes Todd - but the problem was that the spamblocks were not always in the domain
name, and did nothing to stop spam for those with 'catch-all' email accounts.
But it looks like you fixed the problem from your other post, so I guess it does
not matter if you understood the request when it was made, just as long as it
was fixed ;)

Thanks
Mark P
LoB