 Administrative / Suggestions / 1002
Re: spam blocking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 01:24:18 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Amy Hughes wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Amy Hughes wrote:
Kindly consider always including the spamblock text to the right
of the '@', i.e. in the domain name. For those of us who use an
address on our own domain the spamblock on the left has the
potential to increase rather than decrease the spam we get,
because for some of us all addresses on our domain are
deliverable. So amySPAMBLOCK@ and amyNOSPAM@ are two additional
addresses through which spammers can send their important
messages.

This is still an issue. Can I please get a ruling from the PTB if this is (A)
not a priority or (B) definitely not going to be implemented?

Thanks,
Amy

I would like to tack on my support for this also. Having the spamblock in the
first part of the email addy is just pointless for those of us with our own
domain.

If there are no plans on fixing this problem can you please let me know so I can
switch to my gmail account or some other account that is not my own domain?

Thanks
Mark P
Lugnet Member #something