 Administrative / NNTP / 931 (-10)
  Re: Undeliverable Mail goes to news poster?

(...) Yes, these are annoying. I usually fire off a "don't forget to unsubscribe" message if I can figure out where to send it... (...) I heard Steve Barile is on vacation in Alaska. However... (...) I really don't think this addy belongs to Steve (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people)

  Re: Undeliverable Mail goes to news poster?

(...) I got this too. Same message, as well. And I use the Web interface. best LFB (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people)

  Undeliverable Mail goes to news poster?

I keep getting mail bounces for LUGNET.pirates which Steve Barile apparently subscribed for mail delivery. Maybe it's the wrong behavior for Steve's (former?) internet provider, maybe it's LUGNET? The bad thing is that I get the mail bounce when I (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people)

  Re: slrn macro for X-LUGNET-URL: header

(...) great idea! I've been meaning to do that for a while now... I went ahead and did the same thing for my lugnetton - my dedicated LUGNET news reader. Thanks for reminding me! I have to admit that in perl it's a lot shorter than in s-lang :) Dan (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  slrn macro for X-LUGNET-URL: header

I just whipped up an S-Lang macro for slrn that I figured I'd put out there for anyone else to use. The background is that I usually read LUGNET from slrn, but often I want to jump to the web interface to finish reading a particular thread (possibly (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Year 2002 gone

I can subscribe to 2004 and it works just fine. I am still unable to resubscribe to 2002. The strange thing is that ALL the messages in 2002 were hosed and I can't reconnect. Rose "r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:GKFADu.IFs@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: problems with innxmit

(...) The problem with this approach is that cancels are not honored. If a person posts a message, and then regrets and cancels it, it will still be posted to all the SMTP subscribers. A new, corrected version of the same article will then be (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: e-mail delay

Hi Suzanne, Thanks for the message. I was kind of worrying the last days. There seemed to be less traffic these days. But after the 11 theres some idea about worrying about LEGO over there and elsewhere. Greetings and keep up with the good work. (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: problems with innxmit

(...) why not just work in SMTP then? subscribe to all the groups, set up procmail (if you have it) or other mail filters to drop the messages in the right folders, and reply via smtp... it'll be queued and you can flush the queue whenever you're (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Year 2002 gone

Well the header is still there, just all the messages are gone. I even unsubscribe and subscribed again but it didn't help. We use Outlook 5.5. Rose "Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote in message news:200109290359.f8...ron.com... (...) section (...) (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact