 Administrative / NNTP / 928
Re: slrn macro for X-LUGNET-URL: header
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:29:05 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Craig B. Agricola writes:
I just whipped up an S-Lang macro for slrn that I figured I'd put out there
for anyone else to use.  The background is that I usually read LUGNET from
slrn, but often I want to jump to the web interface to finish reading a
particular thread (possibly to re-read earlier posts in the thread I had
glossed over).  Obviously, the Xref: header gives you all the info you need,
so I find myself repeatedly displaying that header, copying it, pasting
into Netscape, and doing the simple re-write that turns it into the equivalent
URL.

great idea!  I've been meaning to do that for a while now...  I went ahead and
did the same thing for my lugnetton - my dedicated LUGNET news reader.  Thanks
for reminding me!
I have to admit that in perl it's a lot shorter than in s-lang :)

Dan