 Administrative / NNTP / 744
  Now subscribe with Reply-To group or poster

Dear LUGNET News-by-Mail subscribers, I'm pleased to announce a new mail subscription feature... When you subscribe to a group by mail, you can now select whether you want to receive messages with replies directed to (a) just the poster/sender, or (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Now subscribe with Reply-To group or poster

(...) I just hope we would not see a lot of those Outlook out-of-office auto-reply to every single post in the group. (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Now subscribe with Reply-To group or poster

(...) Yes. However the flip side is that if they show up in the list, LOTS of people will see it and pummel the person to change their settings instead of just the person who posted the first post after the offender set their email to vacation mode. (...) (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Now subscribe with Reply-To group or poster

(...) I can't wait for the first one to appear. :) Then I can write a filter to filter them out automatically. (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Now subscribe with Reply-To group or poster

(...) Hopefully along with a nastygram email back to the perpetrator asking them to not do that in future... :-) ++Lar (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Now subscribe with Reply-To group or poster

Todd, you amaze more every time you add a new feature to LUGNET - I wish I was able to devote enough free time to do something like this :) Dan (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)