 Administrative / NNTP / 746
Re: Now subscribe with Reply-To group or poster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 14:51:19 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Ka-On Lee writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
If you select the second one in the drop-down list, then the "Reply-To:"
header field of the messages receive will be set to the group rather than
blank or to the person who posted it.

I just hope we would not see a lot of those Outlook out-of-office auto-reply >to every single post in the group.

Yes. However the flip side is that if they show up in the list, LOTS of
people will see it and pummel the person to change their settings instead of
just the person who posted the first post after the offender set their email
to vacation mode.

++Lar