 Administrative / NNTP / 530
    Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings —Dan Boger
   (...) I wholehartedly disagree. you decided you want to donate some money to lugnet, great. I think of it as paying for services I _already_ recieved from lugnet... I don't think we're stockholders that can set policy, or even need to be consulted. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings —Mark Papenfuss
     (...) I am glad you have gotten more out of Lugnet than you paid for, thats a good thing. But, without us, there would be no lugnet, I am assuming that the webhosting is not free - and that the membership fees were to help keep Lugnet going - true (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

         Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings —Tim Courtney
     (...) I agree with most of what you said, but read the thread, we already _have_ gotten a reason. -Tim (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings —Tim Courtney
     (...) Difference in philosophy, then, I guess. I in no way intend to diminish the service Todd and Suz have done to the community - I appreciate their efforts greatly and a lot of people have benefitted. The fact that this site exists doesn't give (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings —Roy Gal
   Dan, I think it is a question of representation. It appeared to me when I paid money that I was becoming a member of LUGNET, whatever that means. The description of membership does not call the payment a 'donation' ; it is a payment of what you (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)