 Administrative / NNTP / 361 (-10)
  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I agree. But "rant" doesn't really go with "praise" - how about "whine" instead? That might also keep people from taking themselves too seriously when posting there, if they're "whining" instead of "ranting". (...) In another thread, the term (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

I'm a little late coming on this discussion topic but I thought I'd add my thoughts anyhow. I'd be interested in your current thoughts on this issue Todd, after reading so many responses.....not that I doubt you'll keep us all well aware of your (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: FS-Pirate & Town Sets Mint In Sealed Boxes/Pack

(...) I don't think it's realistic to expect people to put OBO's in the .forsale.auction group. What OBO is supposed to mean is "I want $X but will sell it for less if nobody's willing to pay $X", not "I want $X but if you offer more than that, you (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: lugnet.alphateam

(...) Maybe Tim Burton would. Steve (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) replace (...) lugnet.market (...) No problem with having a separate .wanted and .swap, but I'd like to preserve a distinction between "fixed price" sales and auctions (and other non-fixed price sales) for a number of reasons. Auctions (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: lugnet.alphateam

(...) What about the space port / launch command sets....are they not trying to tie town with space??? I think so...why not use Alpha Team to bridge the gap? (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) So post in it then. That probably sounds facetious. But if it's the .market group for all of LUGNET regardless of country, then use it. I post to it for things from Canada. I just make sure I identify the country to avoid confusion. I wish (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: lugnet.alphateam

(...) Well, for that matter, who would build a <set:6516 Moon Walker> or anything Time Cruisers for a town? :-) --Todd (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: lugnet.alphateam

(...) Looking at the subtheme, I'd say some are town and some aren't. For example <set:6774 Alpha Team ATV> is fairly typical town, but <set:6771 Ogel Command Striker> is definately a space set. (I mean, who would build that for a town????) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: lugnet.alphateam

(...) hmmm good response, Todd like I said, I am waiting to buy them to see what add-on sets (Beta sets??) are available and to see if they survive until next year. There are those out there that like Alpha team and Life on Mars... personally...I (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.database)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact