 Administrative / NNTP / 291 (-5)
  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Is it possible to tell if someone is making a profit? Let's say they find a stash of 6769's (Fort Legoredo, originally an $85-$90US set) for $20US each and offer them for $30US each. --Todd (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Good question. In all cases, I'd make sure the old URLs still worked in case there were links or references to old articles. Groups that had a significant amount of stuff to be moved would probably be reinserted as if they were new at the new (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Ok, some initial thoughts.... I was opposed to a .rant type group earlier, I now see that it could be valuable. One question though is how to get the ranting to move there. I don't think we can eliminate initial rants in response to an announcement, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Ok, Could you add a TOS/T&C comment regarding April Fool's and other speculative type postings.. I know that on the posting page it clearly states that you agree not to submit " false,fradulent,incomplete or decpetive information.". However, I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) lugnet.market (...) How about supply and demand ? Software geek/MBA (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact