 Administrative / NNTP / 287
Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 17:20:29 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Ben Cox> writes:
* Delete lugnet.market.auction and lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade and replace
     these with lugnet.market.forsale, lugnet.market.wanted, and • lugnet.market
     .swap?  Why or why not?

If you listed some sets you have for sale, and then put "willing to sell or
trade", would that go in .forsale or .swap?

Ah yes, more confusion.  Excellent question.  If there were a good,
standard, intuitive word for "I want to get rid of this," then I think that
could certainly stand to do double duty for both .forsale and .swap.  I'd
hate to see excessive crossposting between the two (which I think could
happen routinely and no one would be technically in the wrong for it) and
I'd hate even more to see someone chastised for doing it.

.market.unwanted doesn't exactly have a catchy tune, does it?  :-)

I'm looking for a pair of words that mean essentially:

* incoming / wanted / I want to acquire this
* outgoing / for sale / for trade / I want to or would part with this

--Todd

How about supply and demand ?

Software geek/MBA