 Administrative / NNTP / 288
  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Ok, Could you add a TOS/T&C comment regarding April Fool's and other speculative type postings.. I know that on the posting page it clearly states that you agree not to submit " false,fradulent,incomplete or decpetive information.". However, I (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) That's an interesting point. I hadn't realized that April Fool's Day hoaxes that don't contain a disclaimer are actually violating the T&C. (...) That's good or bad? --Todd (23 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) A good thing (if the posts are clearly marked.) :-). However I am not sure what a suitable disclaimer wording would be. I also suggested having a seperate group for speculations of the 'Article from tommorow' type nature so that people reading (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I'm curious where this statement is, I can't find it. Frank (23 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I'm not aware of anything in the TOS/T&C[1] about this either. Alex may be thinking of the news-posting setup form[2], where there is a checkbox that says: "I swear that all the information I am submitting on this page is correct and that I am (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Right... so users promise that the info they give about themselves is true, but not that information in particular posts is. Since we're coming up on April, I guess I think that's a good thing! (even though I am convinced I have "sucker" taped (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) It may also have been a misreading of this statement: (...) I've got some very mixed feelings about the April Fools jokes. This has been kicked off by the current business with the supposed NGLTC highway cleanup sign. One thing I'm really (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.terms)