 Administrative / NNTP / 716
Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:19:34 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Alex Farlie writes:
Ok, Could you add a TOS/T&C comment regarding April Fool's and other
speculative type postings..
I know that on the posting page it clearly states that you agree not to
submit " false,fradulent,incomplete or decpetive information.".
However, I feel that a clearly marked speculative post might start up new
disscusions in some areas.

I'm curious where this statement is, I can't find it.

I'm not aware of anything in the TOS/T&C[1] about this either.  Alex may be
thinking of the news-posting setup form[2], where there is a checkbox that
says:

"I swear that all the information I am submitting on this page is
  correct and that I am not submitting any false, fraudulent,
  incomplete, or deceptive information."

Right... so users promise that the info they give about themselves is true,
but not that information in particular posts is.

Since we're coming up on April, I guess I think that's a good thing! (even
though I am convinced I have "sucker" taped to my back and just can't find
it... a good con always seems to take me in.)

++Lar