 Administrative / NNTP / 276 (-10)
  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

  (canceled)

Todd Lehman wrote in message <3aa34df1.136496190@...et.com>... (...) I wish you would expand sale to two groups, Ebay and Non-Ebay. (...) How about having a definition that would exclude "for profit" posts. This way if you found a local sale or (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

OK, I'm posting before reading most of the other replies... (...) Thanks for getting us involved, like Alison said. <skip to the end> (...) lugnet.rant and lugnet.rave, yes. A good place to voice opinions that would potentially annoy other people, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes: <snip a whole bunch of thoughtful stuff that needs thinking about> One question now, more later. For groups being sunsetted is it uniformly an "archive it and start over" approach, or are there some groups (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  (canceled)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I like the idea for all of these although I can see quite a bit of crossposting between .debate and the other 2. Maybe these groups should have restricted cross-posting? I.E. No cross posting at all or the only crossposting would be allowed if (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) You have to realize that the language barrier can refrain many from joining lugnet in the first place - if you don't know there are any local groups, which you can understand, you don't search for them through the main site in a language you (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Ah, that's another advantage to their being top-level groups and not part of the .lego.* subhierarchy. I'm glad you pointed that out -- I hadn't seen that. I think it's important that they be separate groups because of their naturally separate (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I'm glad you mentioned that. I forgot last night that lugnet.lego.rant (that is, placing it in the lugnet.lego.* subhierarchy) won't really work for the intended all-encompassing purpose of the group. First, the lugnet.lego.* hierarchy is (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact