 Administrative / NNTP / 271 (-10)
  (canceled)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I like the idea for all of these although I can see quite a bit of crossposting between .debate and the other 2. Maybe these groups should have restricted cross-posting? I.E. No cross posting at all or the only crossposting would be allowed if (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) You have to realize that the language barrier can refrain many from joining lugnet in the first place - if you don't know there are any local groups, which you can understand, you don't search for them through the main site in a language you (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Ah, that's another advantage to their being top-level groups and not part of the .lego.* subhierarchy. I'm glad you pointed that out -- I hadn't seen that. I think it's important that they be separate groups because of their naturally separate (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I'm glad you mentioned that. I forgot last night that lugnet.lego.rant (that is, placing it in the lugnet.lego.* subhierarchy) won't really work for the intended all-encompassing purpose of the group. First, the lugnet.lego.* hierarchy is (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Ah yes, more confusion. Excellent question. If there were a good, standard, intuitive word for "I want to get rid of this," then I think that could certainly stand to do double duty for both .forsale and .swap. I'd hate to see excessive (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I would recommend 1 new group: lugnet.lego.rant/rave since I think they are best given the same weight and mostly because I fear people saying "compare the number of posts in rant v. rave and see how much Lego stinks now." We know that people (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Todd: (...) Why not. (...) Probably a good idea. Your arguments for it make sense. (...) I don't really read the market groups, but if it makes it easier to get people to keep market posts in the market groups, them I am all for the change. (...) I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

* Delete lugnet.market.auction and lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade and replace these with lugnet.market.forsale, lugnet.market.wanted, and lugnet.market .swap? Why or why not? If you listed some sets you have for sale, and then put "willing to sell or (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Thanks Todd for giving us the opputunity to have input into this. I think .Rant is a good idea but would want people to be able to include probelms with specific sellers/buyers in .Marketplace so that the whole Marketplace community are aware (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact