 Administrative / NNTP / 188
Re: Netscape is annoying....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 01:57:49 GMT

Tim Culberson wrote:

Hrmmm....seems every time I reply to a message Netscape likes to send a
copy via e-mail to the person I'm replying to.  I've looked all over the
netscape settings box and I can't find anything about it.

I have Communicator 4.72.

I know if I right-click the reply button I can choose "To Sender Only"
or "To Newsgroup" - I haven't been using the "To Newsgroup" option but
rather just clicking the reply button.....

Unfortunately the e-mail address where it is to be sent doesn't show up
at the top of the window, only the groups.

Does anyone else have this problem or could maybe lend me a little tech
support here?

Hmm, I use 4.75 at home, I think I've also used 4.72. In my
Communicator, the row of buttons has two reply buttons, one for reply to
newsgroup and one for reply to sender and newsgroup. Also, if I click
the reply to sender and newsgroup, the e-mail is shown in addition to
the group at the top. At work I use NS 3.01, and it has the same
behaviors.

Are you using a vanilla Netscape, or one supplied by an ISP or with some
other software?

I don't see any options which would affect any of those behaviors.

Frank