 Administrative / NNTP / 1539
  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) LUGNET currently has 2,500+ members. I've seen many times where a post has gotten on the LUGNET front page with just a single person spotlighting it. One person spotlights a gay post, and everyone who comes to LUGNET for the first time could (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) Yes, he does. I was simply pointing out that the posts don't get there by themselves. BTW I think only posts in .announce can get there with only 1 spotlight, anything else seems to require 3 or 4. I have, in fact, noted in the past that (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) Something can make it to the front page with only one spotlight? Sure: as long as those other 2,499+ members aren't spotlighting something else. If you don't want to see something on the front page, then spotlight something else! Spotlight (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

Hello! (...) That's as logical as to conclude from one left-handed murderer that all lefties are murderers. And who would take the opinion seriously of somebody who comes to that conclusion? Bye Jojo (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) I didn't say it would be logical for newcomers to assume that; just that they might (notice the word "could"). (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)