 Administrative / NNTP / 1501 (-10)
  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) Things will settle down; they always do. (...) I have enormous respect for people's religious beliefs. Part of that respect, in fact, is trusting that we all here are mature enough to put our personal religious beliefs _aside_ when considering (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) You forgot the group I suggested in another post: lugnet.people.nwgwdag (Nerdy White Guys Who Date Asian Girls) group. It would provide a safe space to discuss issues I find interesting and important, such as posting "Asian Girl" alerts (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp) !

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) <SNIP> Maybe this is how you go through life, viewing the world, Dave, but don't sit there for a second and say that's how everyone does. And really, let's all feel guilty that we have common sense and common sense usually helps us determine (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Re: Serious group requests

(...) I think that's a great idea too. Good call! Would there be a use for a .men group as well (with men already being the vast majority here)? Is political correctness the only reason to create a .men group in parallel, or would it actually find (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

---minus a bunch of stuff--- Personally I don't think this is fair! I am a chocoholic and I see no newsgroup for us! Where do we go when we want to talk to other chocoholics? Where do we go when we want to show others how to build with chocolate (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Re: Serious group requests

(...) Good suggestion. I think the group would also be useful for AFOLs to share advice on how to deal with issues and concerns of their NLSOs... (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Serious group requests

(...) Well, even though I used a smiley, my with-pets suggestion was semi-serious. There have been (URL) posts in the past regarding pet problems>, (URL) pet-related MOCs> and even (URL) MOCs involving pets>, all of which would, IMO, fit well in (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Serious group requests

I've already brought up a newsgroup for women, which I think (among many other people in the community) is a great idea. I just thought of another group in which I would hope could see some posting action: Lugnet.people.nlso - for SO's of Lego (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

(...) My dog eats his Megabloking Megablok! (Actually, I don't own a dog; I own a cat-- she Megabloks in sand) JOHN (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

Please consider making the group: lugnet.smokers Although I am a reformed smoker, It is sometimes hard for smokers to post at Lugnet about Lego related subjects in fear that they will be misunderstood or misinterpreted and looked down on for getting (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact