 Administrative / NNTP / 1486
    Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT) —Rob Hendrix
   (Because others are afraid to speak what they REALLY think): I'm offended and I feel as if I have been discriminated against. First of all, I'd like to put my stance on the gay issue out in the open. We have a lesbian in our club and there NEVER are (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT) Todd Lehman
   (...) Can you elaborate on how you feel discriminated against? (...) But some people do. Let's turn the tables on that: Many people couldn't care less that you mutilate bricks. But YOU do, and that's important. (...) It seemed that only one (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT) —Rob Hendrix
   (...) OK I will. But to forward a request to you, in the mean time, that is still kind of related to this issue, - I have received numerous requests to ask for a .women newsgroup. Many women feel outnumbered here and there is some real talent that (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT) —Kevin Wilson
     (...) That's a really great idea, and I know that there are (sadly) women out there who do feel that way. (Comes under the heading of Why Didn't I Think Of That) Kevin (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT) —Terry Prosper
   (...) Todd, I think that a heterosexual newsgroup is needed to be fair. And if you were to create a newsgroup for women, a newsgroup for men should be required too. And since Lugnet is aiming to be something other than LEGO-related with these (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT) —David Eaton
   (...) I disagree-- it seems like heterosexual white males are by far the majority on Lugnet. As one of them, I'm not looking for a small subgroup to call my own. I expect you're not either. If I were a woman or gay or black? How easy would it be to (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)