 Administrative / NNTP / 1406 (-5)
  Re: News server back up?

(...) Ports 8000 and 8080 should be up now. (I'm at lunch so I can't easily confirm, but give it a try.) --Todd (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  News server back up?

I'm glad to see lugnet back up. Is the news server back up or is it just my difficulty in connecting? Using Agent, I get "connection refused by server." However, I've also been only using the web interface the last several weeks so this is the first (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Wouldn't it be cleaner to do this on a per-group basis, rather than having a mishmash in one group? There could be lugnet.org.us.nelug and lugnet.org.us.nelug.private, for example. (...) Having the separate private group seems like a cleaner (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) There are actually three functionalities that are desired here: 1) Some posts may only be read by members of a group---for example, those who have e-mailed the curator[1] requesting permission to read private posts. Specifying on the users (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Deletions (was Re: Can't connect to NNTP server

(...) Hey, it's the inevitable reply from Lar! :] I guess some things never change, almost like I never left. I can remember when I posted on LUGNET (almost 10% as much as) you. ;] But I notice now your're "++Lar", like "++Todd". Running filters? (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact