 Administrative / NNTP / 1368
Re: Important message for people connecting via NNTP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 17:02:51 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman wrote:
Due to a recent distributed denial of service attack, we have shut
down NNTP service on port 119 to prevent further service interruptions.
Alternate ports 1119, 8000, and 8080 are still available.

--Todd

Oh, that's the deal.

Thanks Todd, for all your hard work!

Rob