 Administrative / NNTP / 1176 (-20)
  Cannot use NNTP all of a sudden

I've come back to Lugnet after a while away and setup to use NNTP to read the newsgroups that I like. It's worked fine for over a week and today all of a sudden I get the following error: The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Changing email address won't let me post

(...) After posting this message going back to that URL gave me the setup page. I have now managed to change my email address, just waiting for confirmation so I can post again. Dan (22 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Changing email address won't let me post

I have had to change my email address to due to the domain for this one having lapsed. I'm using the web post interface to post this. I have logged in and changed the email address in my profile, but I cannot post to the NNTP server (I get the error (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: My Airlock

(...) Maybe. But if it were me, I would just throw up an error page rather than truncate the number at the first non-digit. (...) Naturally. I fear that in this case though, that may be what is going on. That's not to say there's *necessarily* a (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  New newsgroups for Micro-scale building, Mosaics, and Sculpture

Three new newsgroups in the lugnet.build hierarchy have been created for the focused discussion of specialty building. Micro-scale building (as in "microfig" scale) is coming into its own in a big way, thanks in a large way recently to the efforts (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.admin.nntp) !

  Re: My Airlock

(...) yes, you are probably correct. (...) tsk tsk, you never take tainted data and just blindly trust it, do you? :) I agree that everything from the 'D' on is dropped, but probably because Kevin, in his infinite wisdom, made brickshelf make SURE (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: My Airlock

(...) Yes, it appears that when Marlon posted that message the encoding got screwed up. He's posting from Hotmail, so that's not a surprise. I think the 3D35441 is being interpreted as just 3. I'm guessing Brickshelf uses Perl, and in Perl, when (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: My Airlock

(...) I'm using the web interface for LUGNET, with MSIE 5.0. It displayed the link like that in Marlon's original post too - (URL) Clicking on the link (URL) for me reaches Kevin Loch's pictures of Mindfest. -Tim xfut -> admin.nntp (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: lugnet.alpha-team and lugnet.sports [was Re: I am not so sure on how to say this in here.]

(...) I believe admins have already discussed this as a possibility, talking of creating a lugnet.sport with subgroups lugnet.sport.football, et al, IIRC. (...) I do not believe that Alpha Team is at the same level as .town or .pirates. (mostly from (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  lugnet.alpha-team and lugnet.sports [was Re: I am not so sure on how to say this in here.]

(...) [...] (...) I agree. Any admins listening??? (...) The .build hierarchy is for categories that are not official LEGO product lines. Official product lines get top-level groups. I think that the fact that there is no lugnet.sports has more to (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers

(...) And from 2001: (...) Hmm, I'm still number 3 but quite a few less posts... I wonder how much of this is my trying harder to stay out of off-topic.debate. I post mostly from NNTP, but I think NNTP posters get a X-Real-Life-Name added by Lugnet (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers

The list used incorrect values for 2001, se a new and improved list here (moved to new thread for convinience): (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers

(...) Jude Beaudin 19 490 471 (...) The list used incorrect values for 2001, se a new and improved list here (moved to new thread for convinience): (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers

(...) The list used incorrect values for 2001, se a new and improved list here (moved to new thread for convinience): (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  2002 Rocket list!

Hi all! I've made a list of the 2002 rockets, that is, the people that increased their posting the most. I used Dan's list of how many posts each person did in 2001 & 2002 and calculated the difference. To keep this post a little shorter (and my (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers

(...) Oops, my mistake. Since I know I posted more than 1 message in 2001 I didn't twig that the first numerical column wasn't the difference!. (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers

(...) Yes, it has been pointed out to me Dan posted two versions of the 2001 list and I used the incorrect one. I'll see if I can rework the whole thing later today or in the weekend. Best, /Tobbe (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers

(...) I think you may have a problem with your information for 2001. I posted more than 19 times and I am pretty sure Larry posted more than the 225 times you reported for him. Jude (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers

(...) ... (...) ... (...) ... Tobbe, I'm not as big a rocket as you might suggest. I think that you may have used the wrong list from 2001. As I recall, Dan Boger posted two lists; the first one was incorrect. correct 2001 list (URL) Clark 193 (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers

(...) I'm not quite sure I follow you, but as I did the list I found _a_lot_ of people that either did not post at all or only a few posts in 2001 that had a fair amount of posts in 2002. Of course I took away everyone who posted less then 50 times (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact