 Administrative / NNTP / 11 (-5)
  Re: Almost there...almost there... :-,

(...) I vote no. Since I just bought the dao of pooh (an excellent book that I read long ago but just never owned), perhaps a few quotes from the sages of our craft? "inside every large clumsy program is a small elegant one struggling to break free" (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Almost there...almost there... :-,

(...) Cool!!! (...) Well, cookies are an HTTP thing. If your client is posting articles, I think you'll find NTTP to be much simpler and cleaner for that. :-) All the HTTP posting mechanism does is opens up a single-use temporary NNTP session from (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Almost there...almost there... :-,

Well, I finally got my streaming news client able to reply to messages (1) on LUGNET. It turns out I didn't need cookies after all! ...But then I vagualy remembered that this fact was mentioned in the past, but I haven't been able to find the (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Streaming news client (Java) on Sourceforge

(...) arg. :-, (URL) - jsproat (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Streaming news client (Java) on Sourceforge

Hey all, I have placed my Java streaming news client on Sourceforge. See it out here: (2 URLs) ) It hasn't changed much since I last posted about it, but the creation of the .admin.nntp newsgroup among other things has given me another boost of (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.announce) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact