 Administrative / NNTP / 1068
  NNTP problems?

I'm not getting any new messages with Outlook Express. I haven't changed any settings in over a year, and I just refreshed all my headers/bodies. Anyone know where the problem lies? -Rob (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: NNTP problems?

"Rob Hendrix" <rmhendrix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GuE1v5.DJK@lugnet.com... (...) Could be that OE has corrupted the last message ID so it thinks it's already had the messages. You can fix this by right clicking on each group, choose (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: NNTP problems?

(...) I did that already. I meant to say that I reset it when I said that I refreshed it. Sorry for the misconception. When I redownloaded the newsgroup headers and bodies, I noticed still that there were messages missing. (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: NNTP problems?

rhendrix wrote in message ... (...) changed (...) I and others are having trouble with OE timing out when trying to get the LUGNET messages for the past couple of weeks. I've increased my timeout setting to 2 mins IIRC, which means I get the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: NNTP problems?

"Kevin Wilson" <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:GuEu2t.8D@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I am having a problem at work but not at home. Same computer, a laptop I haul back and forth. At work it always (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: NNTP problems?

(...) Ya, me too. I didn't change my settings on my laptop. I just used IE instead at work after the problem started. I have high speed cable internet there. But OE is not downloading all headers at home on dialup. I wonder if these incidences are (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)