 Administrative / NNTP / 101
  Re: Broken mailers which mess up threading

(...) Ya, that Larry! :-) Lemme see if I can conjur it up again. OK, here it is: (2 URLs) [...] (...) According to the NNTP headers, ya, it was posted via email. --Todd (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Broken mailers which mess up threading

(...) message (...) 1. Examine the message itself. Notice the headers even in the non raw view... This was a "courtesy copy" mailed to me as well as posted. Ironically enough, by guess who. I disclaim responsibility for this. Now and forevermore. I (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Broken mailers which mess up threading

(...) BTW, leave the bouncer turned on if you would! I think it is a great idea. That way when I get a bounce I can well and truly roast the originator via email reply for wasting my time instead of missing any opportunity because I didn't realise (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Broken mailers which mess up threading

(...) Actually, there never was any other way to view raw messages via HTTP than by clicking the "View Raw Message" link, which goes to the raw.cgi script. (...) raw.cgi sends a MIME content-type of 'text/plain', so you should never see anything (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Broken mailers which mess up threading

(...) Indeed. NT or IE or the combination thereof is broken in this regard, surprise surprise. IE doesn't directly deal with mime types, it foists the job off on NT (per: (URL) you will need to unwrap this to read it) Instead it is left to the OS (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)