 Administrative / General / Search Results: password
 Results 181 – 200 of about 520.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Member Password Center

(...) Isn't this a discussion group? How does this discussion go against the terms of use? I don't think it was a good idea either, and nobody can make you implement anything, but why can't he discuss it, that's what I don't understand. /Eric McC/ (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.833)

  Re: Posting Cookie sent with Membership Login?

(...) You must be a mind reader... I was just about to post this today! Please, Todd, I want this too. I' be willing to memorize that password on the member card if this was possible - then I could finally post in the school library, right now I can (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.833)

  (canceled)

password
(score: 0.833)

  Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)

(...) a (...) I wouldn't. Look. I've read through the plan several times. There is nothing there that needs this *insane* level of protection. Nothing. Really. We are *not* talking missile lanuch codes here, people. Two levels of passwords is (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.833)

  Re: Member Password Center

(...) shown (...) It was an idea. You may not like it. Todd may well not like it. But it's still an idea. Scott A (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.833)

  Re: Member Password Center

(...) The fact that an issue results in high traffic means that it needs fixed - not swept under the carpet. The merits of my suggestion aside, some pretty weak logic is being applied here. Scott A (...) fangled (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.832)

  Re: Member Password Center

(...) not (...) The fact that an issue results in high traffic means that it needs fixed - not swept under the carpet. The merits of my suggestion aside, some pretty weak logic is being applied here. Scott A (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.832)

  Re: Member Password Center

(...) For the record, I raised this issue once. My other messages in the thread related to the nature of the debate and not the issue itself – or at least that was my intention. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.832)

  Re: Member Password Center

"Larry Pieniazek" <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:FuF26n.KsJ@lugnet.com... (...) I was bemused by Eric's statement to a certain extent. I'm sure there is every possibility he may be 100% correct, but I just wondered what he had based it on? (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.832)

  Re: Changing email address (was:Re: Znap popularity?)

(...) Just waiting for my LUGNET membership password in the mail packet.... (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.832)

  Re: Member Password Center

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:Fu3oAt.I3I@lugnet.com... (...) Lets not. I was thinking about this yesterday. Is the answer to this not to have two "memorable" passwords, rather than one that looks like a missile launch (...) (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.832)

  Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)

(...) oh, sorry. I was asking if you meant that people (a) actually wouldn't be _able_ to choose a password that was easy for them to remember or (b) actually could but wouldn't bother trying to come up with one that was easy for them to remember. (...) (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.832)

  Getting a password reset?

Is there any way to get your Lugnet password reset if you have forgotten/lost the original password that was issued with your membership kit? I looked on the password change page, but it doesn't mention what to do if you don't know the current (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.832)

  Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)

(...) It's perfectly content to "pass" most 6- to 8- character pw's constructed by the first letter of successive words, especially if the pw includes a digit, a capital letter, or a special character. Those types of things tend to be "random" from (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.832)

  Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)

(...) Draconian and rather big-parentish. Why can't I take the risk of a sucky password if I so choose? Not that I personally would, mind you. Now, unlike government jackbootedness, we do as consumers have a choice not to use Lugnet... but what (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.832)

  Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)

Todd Lehman skrev i meddelandet ... (...) I think that's unwise (to _force_ people to use an acknowledged pw). Two reasons: - one cannot choose a password that is easy to remember --> it will be written down in some easy accessible place. - by (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.832)

  Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)

(...) You put more at risk than your own data or matters when you choose a sucky password. (Think about it.) (...) Increased probability of successful brute-force compromises. (...) Have I somehow given you the impression that that the only purpose (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.832)

  Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)

(...) You talk as if you seem to know how much actual time was spent on it. Elapsed time is a crude indicator of development time. (...) Sorry if you feel the password checker is useless. Sorry if you feel inclined to make gross assumptions about (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.832)

  Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)

(...) Even if you have great passwords - can't just anyone in the intervening networks between the user and LUGNET just snoop in and copy down the unencrypted password? Richard (24 years ago, 22-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.832)

  Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)

From the last two posts, I think I have arrived at my own conclusion on this matter. Todd wants to protect his hard earned work by issuing complicated passwords that theoretically cannot be hacked. I can't blame Todd for this notion, it seems to (...) (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.832)

More:  Next Page >>