 Administrative / General / 9770 (-20)
  Re: edventures spam

(...) Lugnet isn't spam free, although I *think* it's set up to discourage robots and other automated creepy crawlies. Anyone harvesting from Lugnet would have to at least subscribe, and grab the e-mail addys from message headers. This takes out a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: edventures spam

(...) Thanks Dan and Jenn, No big deal overall (to me at least), although I must have dreamed that LUGNET was spam free. -chris (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Grow up.

Look: I don't care what your opinions are and I'm not going to baby-sit. So just knock it off, and/or go away. You all know who you are. Suzanne Rich LUGNET Admin (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Re: The Scott and Larry Show: Call for a Series Finale

(...) Check the posting times. Do you seriously think I should let Larry level all sort of spurious allegations against me? Really? (...) I have not read them all. But I have not been the only culprit here. Read the thread which started this up to (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  The Scott and Larry Show: Call for a Series Finale

Admins, please, this has to stop. Despite the expressions of disgust over Scott and Larry's mudslinging from many Lugnetters, they continue it with no regard. Just today Scott posts 9 more responses to Larry's posts, all in a short period of time. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: edventures spam

(...) the inv@peeron.com addy also doesn't post (afaik) - it was only mentioned *in* posts.. I spamcopped the edventures' mail each week i got them.. I think they stopped coming, but I don't know if it was because of the spamcopping or if i finally (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: edventures spam

(...) Both me and Jennifer recieved such spam as well, including to inv@peeron.com, which isn't subscribe to anything, of course. Unfortunatly, there's nothing stopping anyone from harvesting LUGNET for addresses - no protection, at least yet. Dan (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  edventures spam

Did anyone else receive spam from a company called edventures.com? I've been getting stuff for weeks until I unsubscribed a few days ago. It appeared in all my accounts that are linked to lugnet somehow and didn't appear in my non lugnet accounts. I (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Curator for lugnet.trains

(...) How about "Neat images of the moment"? Inside jokes are cute but if they're too obtuse and hide prime content (as opposed to extras for those "in the know"), then I wonder if they are an obstruction. Just a thought (from another curator who is (...) (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Apology.

(...) I refuse to support the banning of one member of Lugnet over a dispute with another member of Lugnet unless both parties are banned together. So I think you should be more careful of the things you are seeking to achieve because you will end (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Question about Location on profile

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but here goes: I have recently moved from Illinois to Arizona, how can I get my state location on my profile changed to reflect this? I tried editing my profile, but it still says I am in (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Calling for banishment?

I'm stuck here, because I'm more honest than most. Were the shoe on the other foot, Scott would have no qualms about saying he'd never do it again, even if in his heart of hearts he knew he might. Yes I violated Scott's privacy a teeny teeny bit. I (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Apology.

Sorry. I had not noticed you had re-set the FUT. Scott A (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Apology.

(...) Dave sums it up: (URL) did what he did *knowing* it breaks the ToU here. He did what he did *knowing* it was a violation of my privacy rights. He did what he did in his usual belligerent manner: ==+== See, I march to my own metronome, and the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Apology.

My My, someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.... I normally stay out of debate, I don't need anymore crap in my life, though you brought this into the public forum where I do read, and of course, I had to go back and look at the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Apology.

(...) ... and he his doing do whilst casting insults, untruths and *knowing* it breaks the ToU here: ==+== See, I march to my own metronome, and the violation of his privacy rights when weighed against the harm he causes here on a daily basis with (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Apology.

(...) Something needs to be done. All of our e-mails are displayed here based on trust. If members here feel they have the right to abuse that trust, what sort of place will this become? This person has taken my details from this forum, and used (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: membership packet

(...) I'm member number 447. I signed up in August of 2000, If I recall. Still haven't gotten my packet yet. Don't hold your breath. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: membership packet

(...) Last I've heard, they are still being sent, *but* at a very big delay. I think the past few hundred members have not received their packets yet. Priorities, priorities... HTH, -Shiri (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  membership packet

I received this in my membership activation email back in July: Your LUGNET Member Packet is queued up for printing and postage and should arrive to you within a few weeks. This will contain an official LUGNET Membership card bearing your name and (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact