 Administrative / General / 9765
Re: edventures spam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 04:50:32 GMT

Dan Boger wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Christopher Tracey wrote:

Did anyone else receive spam from a company called edventures.com?  I've
been getting stuff for weeks until I unsubscribed a few days ago.  It
appeared in all my accounts that are linked to lugnet somehow and didn't
appear in my non lugnet accounts.

I thought lugnet was relatively immune to address harvesting...

Both me and Jennifer recieved such spam as well, including to
inv@peeron.com, which isn't subscribe to anything, of course.
Unfortunatly, there's nothing stopping anyone from harvesting LUGNET for
addresses - no protection, at least yet.

the inv@peeron.com addy also doesn't post (afaik) - it was only
mentioned *in* posts.. I spamcopped the edventures' mail each week i got
them.. I think they stopped coming, but I don't know if it was because
of the spamcopping or if i finally unsubscribed etc...