 Administrative / General / 9755 (-20)
  Re: Apology.

(...) ... and he his doing do whilst casting insults, untruths and *knowing* it breaks the ToU here: ==+== See, I march to my own metronome, and the violation of his privacy rights when weighed against the harm he causes here on a daily basis with (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Apology.

(...) Something needs to be done. All of our e-mails are displayed here based on trust. If members here feel they have the right to abuse that trust, what sort of place will this become? This person has taken my details from this forum, and used (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: membership packet

(...) I'm member number 447. I signed up in August of 2000, If I recall. Still haven't gotten my packet yet. Don't hold your breath. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: membership packet

(...) Last I've heard, they are still being sent, *but* at a very big delay. I think the past few hundred members have not received their packets yet. Priorities, priorities... HTH, -Shiri (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  membership packet

I received this in my membership activation email back in July: Your LUGNET Member Packet is queued up for printing and postage and should arrive to you within a few weeks. This will contain an official LUGNET Membership card bearing your name and (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Why can't I change my email?!?

I am being forced to change my email address by my ISP but LUGNET will not let me, a member, change the email address that I post with. At this point I am forced to signout and then authenticate any messages I want to post via the web interface (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Curator for lugnet.trains

(...) [snipped clarification, thanks!] (...) I agree, and you've already said it's not practical for you, hopefully someone else less familiar with FTX may find it practical, viable, and even useful! ROSCO (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Curator for lugnet.trains

Larry, You are mind bogglingly mistaken at a number of levels, but like I said yesterday (when most your nation was spending time with their families, and you were causing a nuisance here), I'm not going to squabble with you on this. I have made my (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Curator for lugnet.trains

(...) Yes, and thanks for the suggestion. I've tried it and I find it to be error prone compared to edit in place. (...) (as an aside, to this architect if it's not practical it's not viable) (...) I don't see *you* stirring up trouble. My (not (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Curator for lugnet.trains

(...) group's (...) I (...) Well, although I agree (as I said above) that it's probably not worth the effort, I'd disagreee with the rest. I've re-organised my personal LUGNET site a couple of times now, and it's real easy to copy pages - just go (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Curator for lugnet.trains

(...) Too much cut and paste, too likely to introduce errors, too labor intensive and no real benefit. It's just *not like* HTML where you upload the exact page you want after checking it out locally. This is particularly true for the front page of (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Non-member FTX pages

(...) Cool. :) (...) Ya. I wasn't thinking links so much (except in the case of moving something like Frank's list(s), which are culled from Lugnet postings) as I was thinking of other resources that would be good to have commonly sourced, for (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Non-member FTX pages

(...) Curate is somthing a little different... it is in the Church of England anyway(?) What about "curate's egg", is that a Britishism? Scott A (FUT who knows where?) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Non-member FTX pages

(...) I think it *must* be a good idea because I think it already works that way. When I went to the train URL you gave I got a "start this page" FTX button, but when I went to the castle URL you gave I got nothing, just the "this isn't a page" (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Curator for lugnet.trains

(...) Note this request... (...) When I got it, there was no link there. I added the (Link?) so that if people have the link they would send it to me. Like I said, it's going to get waxed if I don't get a link for it soon. (...) This is a bit of an (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Where'd it go?

(...) Now we only have 24 hour data... Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Non-member FTX pages

Here's a suggestion; I don't know how feasable it is: Allow group curators to make FTX pages hosted on Lugnet that aren't necessarily tied to their membership (if they're members), limited to their area of curatorship(1). (ex if Larry went to (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Counters (was:THE POSTING BLUES)

(...) homepage? (...) I can answer that. When members are logged in through the web interface, they can "rate" posts as they read them. The rating is combined to create a score, and the spotlight is generated from that score. It's completely (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Counters (was:THE POSTING BLUES)

hey, suz.. i was wondering how exactly it worked that someone gets on the spotlight list, and more specifically on the news list on the lugnet homepage? is this your choice or by some weird cpu thing? peace -lenny (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Counters (was:THE POSTING BLUES)

(...) well, if NO ONE is repling to your post, you begin to look for some other type of feedback... hit rates can serve that purpose. -lenny (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact