 Administrative / General / 9739
9738  |  9740
Subject:
Non-member FTX pages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:50:59 GMT

Here's a suggestion; I don't know how feasable it is:

Allow group curators to make FTX pages hosted on Lugnet that aren't
necessarily tied to their membership (if they're members), limited to their
area of curatorship(1).

(ex if Larry went to http://www.lugnet.com/trains/articles he would see the
"start this page?" button, but not if he went to
http://www.lugnet.com/castle/articles )

This would allow the local posting of content that is useful but hosted
somewhere transient or useful things that are too bulky for the main page.
I thinking about things like Frank Filz's lists of Pirate links, or a single
jump point for the trains.com articles about Lego, or "reprints" of highly
informative messages that might otherwise fade from visibility.

Good idea, bad idea?

thanks,

James

1:Is that a word?  Does a curator curate?  To curate.  To have curated.
Curatable.  Hmm.  English is weird. :)