 Administrative / General / 9562
Re: Lugnet 'Unsuitable for viewing).
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:55:58 GMT

"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in message
news:GJM8L0.3y5@lugnet.com...
I can only assume that there's some site filtering going on there. Perhaps
looking for a "news" subdomain?

If they use the  Recreational Software Advisory Council service (it comes
with ie) Lugnet does not have a certificate(?), so it will deny access.

Scott A

-Suz

In lugnet.admin.general, Alex Farlie writes:
Hi, Could one of the members of the Lugent Admin team
please explain to me why when I attempted to access the lugnet newsgroups • on
the web earlier today (via a terminal in a local public library) the site
was apparently blocked as being 'unsuitable for viewing..'

I know disscusions can get heated but
surely not so heated as to be unsuitable viewing?

Alex

<NB. Public Libraries in the UK are managed by local authorities.
In the case of my local public library in Chesham (where I encounterd the
'blockage'), Buckinghamshire County Council.>