 Administrative / General / 952
Re: Picky, Picky Web Posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:21:58 GMT

Also sprach Sproaticus:
: So I could just (for netscape) copy cookies.txt around from machine to
: machine?  Hmmm...  I could probably use this to let my wife and I "log on" to
: the same browser and retain our separate identities.

Yup.  But if your version of Netscape doesn't support user profiles, you
should upgrade.  Version 4.5 installs a really great profile manager
that lets you save separate setups for each of you.  I think individual
cookie files are included.

: I would assume that you would need to exit the browser, swap the cookies file,
: then restart the browser.  Has anyone actually tried this?

I've done it and it works.  And yes, you are better off closing the
browser before moving/copying/whacking the cookie file.  Otherwise,
Netscape may overwrite you with a ram-cached version ...

/ _ _ / _ _        "Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a
()(-(//((-/                  member of Congress.  But I repeat myself."
                                           - Mark Twain
============= Jim Baker -- Weather Weasel Extraordinaire ==============