 Administrative / General / 925
Re: Picky, Picky Web Posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 00:00:02 GMT

John VanZwieten <john_vanzwieten@msn.com> wrote:
Don't you have your info stored in a cookie?
--Todd

No, I've always used a news reader to post, but when I finally noticed the
web posting I wanted to try it out just so I'd know how if I was at a
computer without a news reader.  Since I signed up for lugnet at my work
computer, my home computer doesn't have any of the cookies.

I don't pay much attention to cookies, but it was my understanding
that they are stored locally, on the user's machine.

If so, couldn't somebody whip up a simple little "cookie jar" program
to help people transport cookies from their work machines to their
home machines?  I know I find myself in John's position all the time,
with one machine remembering my stuff and the other not.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide