 Administrative / General / 943
Re: Picky, Picky Web Posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:34:05 GMT

Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 1999 00:00:02 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

If so, couldn't somebody whip up a simple little "cookie jar" program
to help people transport cookies from their work machines to their
home machines?  I know I find myself in John's position all the time,
with one machine remembering my stuff and the other not.

What you need is a little program called notepad. Or heck, vi or
emacs. (vi/emacs religious debates follow-ups go to
off-topic.debate..) copy the file cookies.txt (assuming netscape,
here) from your netscape dirtectory to a floppie. take home. then when
home, open both cokies.txt, the one from the floppy and your regular
one, next to eachother. Copy&paste the line starting .lugnet.com from
the floppy one to the regular one. Save. Voila.

Yep, that's the usual unix way.  As complicated as possible.  I know
it can be done manually.  I'm thinking it wouldn't be that big a deal
to do it with as little effort as possible.  In fact ...

Nope, nothing in the Cookie and Cache Manager section at winfiles.com.
Plenty of cookie deletion programs, but nothing to synchronize them.
After looking at the file in my cjc folder under Netscape I can't see
that there'd be much trouble to it.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET