 Administrative / General / 9350 (-20)
  Re: Helmet DAT file

(...) Whoa. Take a chill, go read the TOS again, and consider cleaning up your attitude. Mladen did come on a bit strongly, but dang man, you've really exposed your inner child with this tantrum. Cheers, - jsproat (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.space.mecha?

(Eric speaking in George W. Bush's voice, from SNL skit) "I'm a uniter, not a divider." Seriously, I'd like to see both of the groups closer too. Mecha and spacecraft are both futurist vehicles that are sometimes, in very odd situations, hard to (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.space.mecha?

Hey Guys, This is interesting because when I post a blurb about a new Mech I feel the Space guys would dig it too. Plus once I remember someone complained that they had to constantly; "thumb thru all these Build.Mecha posts in order to read the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.space.mecha?

(...) Oooh, good idea! Very good idea! I like, very much. Cheers, - jsproat (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Tuesday, 1:00 PM (PDT)

(...) Yeah, the Web interface sems to be humming along just fine now...truly just a temporary hiccup then. Thanks. (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Tuesday, 1:00 PM (PDT)

(...) so it took about 1 minute to get the auth, and less than another to make it back to me... guess it cleared up? (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Tuesday, 1:00 PM (PDT)

(...) nope - but maybe the server is experiencing high load for some reason... :/ Dan (sent at 16:29 EDT, not counting auth) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Tuesday, 1:00 PM (PDT)

(...) Case in point: I made this post ((URL) a half-hour ago via the web interface. Normally, these messages show up on the main news page within one minute (two minutes during heavy traffic). After about 15 minutes, it still hadn't shown up on the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Tuesday, 1:00 PM (PDT)

(...) what kind of lag? I'm not seeing any problems, NNTP or web? Dan (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Tuesday, 1:00 PM (PDT)

It seems to me that LUGNET via the Web interface has a case of the hiccups. Am I crazy, or is there an intermittent lag of upwards of 40 minutes happening? Matt (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Newest Members

Well, I've kind of written off the membership package; I'm #423, and I've still not recieved the package, but it really doesn't bother me much, because I get so much out of LUGNET that I should really be busy upping my voluntary contribution level (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Logging in?

Thanks Suz. Works like a champ! Keep up the great work, guys. Eric (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bug, or feature

(...) It's a bug. It's actually serving static pre-generated data, so that's why the icon never changes. Simplest thing, I'll just remove the icon so it's not wrong. Better solution would be to make the header dynamic and keep the rest of the page (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: How much to licence Lugnet technology?

(...) It's conceivable. It was designed to work in a variety of situations. There is quite a bit of LUGNET-specific stuff, though. I never got it all as separated cleanly as I'd wanted to. (...) Well, it's not actually for sale or license...although (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Newest Members

(...) Thanks, Benjamin. I moved recently to a new place, which took a toll on me (physically and emotionally) and also don't yet have a reliable Internet connection at home, so my online time has been spotty lately. There have been some other life (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Newest Members

(...) Hi, I apologize for the lack of communication and delays in processing. Todd did in fact take a little time off and I'm filling in. In future, please feel free to mail me at suz@lugnet.com to get my direct attention. -Suz (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Newest Members

(...) I agree with Ben. I'm amazed that Todd is able to take care of this site. I would loose my mind trying to what he does. Each day this site grows bigger and bigger, and that takes more and more time. While I understand your frustration, you (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Newest Members

(...) that (...) Seconded. I also noticed that when I joined I went through a process of joining Pay Pal because they would pay five dollars towards the membership fee. When I update my member profile, I see that I still owe $5. Has anyone else (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Newest Members

This may sound a little harsh, but I don't think some of you really understand what it takes to maintain a board in general, and a world-wide based board like this in particular.... I don't want to speak on behalf of Todd Lehman, but I am quite sure (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Newest Members

(...) I'm not sure, but the last update took well over a month. There is a break in time between member #1105 and #1106 (May 25 to July 4). And after #1106 there are MANY members that "joined" on July 4. I applied for a membership on June 6 and it (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact