 Administrative / General / 9305 (-20)
  Re: The commonfolk's FAQ

Hi Eric! Don't apologize for getting off-track - I was just confused whether you misread my post, or I misread yours. ;-) (...) Wow! I like that. Once it got coded, it would be no extra work to post it "every week" or whatever. I think that *in (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The commonfolk's FAQ

Crossposted to admin.general (...) <snip> While I can't take credit for Duane's great idea this is even better than what I was thinking. I was thinking just a post with an allready defined Acronym once a week to keep the visability of the page up in (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Weird error trying to load lugnet main page?

The last thing I updated was some security-related stuff but that was downloaded and installed by Windows Update - I have Windows 98 installed here. -- Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde "Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Weird error trying to load lugnet main page?

(...) I often have this problem on the start-up page when I first start IE (my start-up page isn't Lugnet though), but after that no problems. I think it's more likely to be a client (ie IE) problem. Have you installed or updated anything on the PC (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Weird error trying to load lugnet main page?

I have a URL: that reads for lugnet like this: (URL) have to click refresh in my browser before the page will load or IE5 brings back a 'page cannot be found' error. This also happens as often as not, IE it's intermittent. What is happening and what (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  What is going on

Lugnet said I was not allowed to post to lugnet.general in an earlier post. Someone please explain to me how I would not be allowed to post to lugnet.general? Here is the infamous red words you get when you screw up... Results: Your message was not (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Multiple E-mail Authentication ??

(...) I had assumed that the mail went to the email shown as your email identifier as controlled by the cookie you set when you set up a particular machine for posting. I have not actually tried this so I am guessing. But try setting your home (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Multiple E-mail Authentication ??

(...) Shaun, I don't know if this helps but you can set up multiple posting accounts with LUGNET. You would fill out the setup on each computer and use the appropriate E-mail that would come to that computer. This way each computer has a cookie on (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Multiple E-mail Authentication ??

Hi All, I apologize if this has already been covered - if so, if some kind soul could point me to the appropriate article, it would be greatly appreciated. If it hasn't come up before ... here we go: What is the easiest way to allow for post (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  CLSOTW

Hi Todd, Just noticed that Marlon's Lego Page gets another nomination the week after it wins! I mean it's a great site, but I think that's a bit much!! 8?) ROSCO (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  E-Mail Authentication Error? (Was: Find your Birthday Buddy)

Todd, I replied to the authentication e-mail message on this one with an 'x' in the (...) option, and it seems to have been posted anyway. FYI. I realized that I had replied to all instead of where the follow ups were set to, so I changed my mind (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Todd, can I have my password.

(...) Like Shiri said, it was in your membership packet (which many of us have never received). Also, it would have been in the email you received after your payment was received. The email I received had the subject 'Membership Activation'. (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Passwords, Membership, and so forth

Uh....me four (or five or six) on needing my password Todd (member 912). I'd like to now try out the web interface to see if it is easier than the email authentification stuff (not that I mind that either), but seeing as I haven't used my pw since (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) Sorry, I meant where it was the user's fault. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Are that many people really glad about the security stuff?

(...) Ummm...will I do? Larry responded nicely to your post. Believe me, there are probably many sarcastic remarks being withheld on his part, in order for him to respond civily to you (and for me as well). To pick apart the message wouldn't be (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Are that many people really glad about the security stuff?

Do me a fav, would you mind picking a part the rest of the message instead of acting like some wisecrack. I wouldn't mind hearing your reasons too. That is of course, unless you have nothing to back you besides a few angry LUGNET users who got out (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Are that many people really glad about the security stuff?

(...) Me, for one... (...) I think so. Maybe we need to see if Kev will do a new Brickshelf poll... I bet we'd get an overwhelming positive vote. But maybe not. FUT admin.general (or should it have been NNTP??) as this is not really a .general (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Todd, can I have my password.

(...) Behind the membership card on your packet, if you ever got one!! -Shiri (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) I know that this reply is late in coming, but had I asked this community if there was a 'need' for a ELTC, I would've received a response identical to my first announcement of ELTC. It took Sam's UKLTC to bring about a measure of response. We (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Todd, can I have my password.

(...) Ummm...me three, Todd? Where was this password in the first place? -- Hop-Frog (not jesting) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact