 Administrative / General / 9110 (-10)
  Re: Robert: Just another Troll

(...) Immense powers of destruction! I sleep better at night knowing that. (...) And you're actively defending us from external onslaught! I sleep better at night knowing that too. (...) OK, clue us in. (...) When we said *who* was the Mad Hatter? I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  A washed-out Robert (Was: Robert gets to invalidate logic)

(...) Wow, cool, thanks Brother Lar. Keep the flattery up, you might make a Larritarian out of me yet! ;-) I'm noticing (and I'm sure it's been observed before) that these kind of noisemakers come in cycles, but only last a short time. Burn brightly (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  RE: April Fools posts

(...) Yes, but by saying so, I continue to kick the dead horse. Augh! I promised myself I was done with this thread, but this paradox wouldn't let me go :) --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: April Fools posts

(...) Yea. I'm probably guilty of over analyzing things, but that's my nature I guess. In certain places it works very well. In other places it leaves very well tenderized horse meat around. (...) Lugnet is certainly going through some changes. A (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: April Fools posts

I stick my toe in this one with trepidation. Mark and Frank are both right, I think. So is Bram. I can't be more precise about it without analysing the whole thing to death. And doing THAT... why, it changes the tone in the wrong direction. I want (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Robert gets to invalidate logic (was Re: Science and beliefs (was Re: Alien races))

(...) Todd, can you please send Robert a warning over his language? Looks like we've got another "social engineer" being a jerk. (And of course, this is exactly what he wants me to do, and predicted I would yadda yadda) The terms of use are not set (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: April Fools posts

I understand, and I don't know if it is worth bothering about either. Every post to Lugnet is not a personal communication between two people; it is an announcement to the entire community, or at least the subset that monitors the newsgroup. Before (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: April Fools posts

(...) When I said LEGO is meant to be fun, I also meant that you shouldn't take it so seriously. Not every joke is funny to everyone, but there's no reason, IMO, to get offended about it. Live and let live, --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: sorry

(...) Todd, Don't know if you've noticed this one, but I smell an imposter here, you might want to check this one out. One interesting thing in the header is this: Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-2022-jp Just doing a bit of poking into the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: April Fools posts

(...) Sure, but I hope no one would get upset if someone complained about being made fun of. (...) how you cut, slice, or dice it, folks were upset, and then after they got upset, people kept telling them "go shush up, it was just a joke". That (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact