 Administrative / General / 9107
Re: April Fools posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 03:57:46 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Does anyone else feel that way about all this too?

Yea. I'm probably guilty of over analyzing things, but that's my nature
I guess. In certain places it works very well. In other places it leaves
very well tenderized horse meat around.

I feel better for saying the above and at the same time worried. I have seen
organizations (even loose ones) go through changes before and it's never
fun. My fraternity changed character while I was there, twice. Not fun at
all. IBMPC (the internal to IBM conferencing disk) changed character a LOT
while I was there (I was one of the early adopters). Not fun.

Lugnet is certainly going through some changes. A couple major catalysts
are:

- I think in the past year or so, Lugnet has grown to the point where
not everyone knows each other. This is both a good and a bad thing. The
good thing is that Lugnet has some pretty cool sub-communities. I'm
pretty active in the Pirate and Castle sub-communities, and over all,
I'd say both of those communities are fun and exciting (I just wish
there were a few more Pirate folk so there was at least some daily
traffic). I think there's a community in Trains, but it's getting large
enough to be not as deep as it was when I first joined Lugnet. I think
Space has a good community, but I don't give it enough attention.

- The active involvement of TLC is definitely a big factor.

With all that said, I'll try and leave off of this discussion, but I'll
toss in one parting word. Let's try to listen to each other more
attentively and perhaps we will have fewer misunderstandings which blow
up.

Frank