 Administrative / General / 9100 (-20)
  Re: Alpha Team Rebate (Was Re: Blue Tub sale at TRU?)

(...) Some people subscribe to LUGNET newsgroups in the mailing list mode, and receive all the newsgroup messages in their e-mail. If they go on vacation they will set up their vacation message but may not realize that it will be seen by people who (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: April Fools posts

(...) I agree completely. (...) Be careful in complaining about what people DO find funny. (...) I assume you're referring to Eric's comment: (URL) comment wasn't intended as a put-down. There was much confusion about the use of the term "sucker" or (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: April Fools posts

(...) I'm not trying to take the fun out of it for everyone else, I'm just pointing out that the community as a whole, by virtue of each individuals decisions, make a determination of what kind of place this is. If the community decides that jokes (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Alpha Team Rebate (Was Re: Blue Tub sale at TRU?)

(...) someone has a broken autoreply rule set... so when they get mail from lugnet, it ignores the "bulk" flag and replies to the sender. broken. Not much you can do on your end, except setup filters and such... (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Alpha Team Rebate (Was Re: Blue Tub sale at TRU?)

"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:GBBnxx.21w@lugnet.com... (...) This is the email I got when I posted to shopping this morning. I will be away from the office April 2 to April 6. Please contact Justin Maier jmaier@agricore.com in my (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Posting

(...) Gordon, if you sign in, using the link on the main lugnet page (also on most other lugnet pages!), it wont even ask you about reading the terms, and wont ask you to enter your name & email - it automatically uses the one you've already (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting

(...) Have you entered your info (name, email etc) exactly the same as for your already setup account? You can use the same info from a different pc. If it is exactly the same and doesn't work, go through the new user process with that same info (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting

(...) More info. After filling in the information to post a message. It gets rejected with the following messages. "Your message was not accepted" "Response from the news server" 441 New Users Start Here: (URL) have obviously set up an account as I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting

(...) I use a browser. If I click the "New" button, I get taken to a screen that asks me if I've read the Terms, and filled in the setup and got the confirmation. I can't seem to get past this. Is there a login button or what? I am trying this on a (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting

(...) Hi Gordon, Are you using a browser or a newsreader to post? In a browser, you can either enter your name & email every time you post, or sign in using the link on the main lugnet page. If you're using a newsreader, you need to make sure the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Suggestions

Hi I have a couple of suggestions for Lugnet: 1. When viewing a message in a browser, there's a mailto link at the top to reply with email to the poster. I'd also like to see a link to the poster's profile (ie people/members/?m=xxx). 2. Are the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Upcoming system changes

(...) What if I read this on the second? Is it real now, because it's not the 1st anymore? Can I be scared? Now is it real? Now? How about now? (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Upcoming system changes

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman writes: <snip> (...) I wonder why they want it so much? They must figure everyone knows the name, soe lots of people will come across their site!? (...) You should get a page there for now, so people can bookmark (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Upcoming system changes

(...) Hm, that was really scary!!! I'm glad I did read it to the end too. But I hope that Todd may clarify somepoints, now that April Fools Day is over! The disclaimer only says: "...may not be of an entirely..." which still includes the possibility (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet T-shirts

(...) CafePress sent email to store owners about a month ago mentioning the change. (24 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet T-shirts

(...) It would be nice to have more options. I'd like a CE or CG shirt. (24 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: Upcoming system changes

I am so glad I finished this post before responding! -- Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. <way big snip> (...) an (...) (24 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Upcoming system changes

(...) Todd, just for clarification, are other 3-letter animals that aren't on the list ok for use? I just changed my password to PIG, but I wanted it to be COW because that's what I use for Paypal. If not then I guess I'll just moove that one to PIG (...) (24 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Upcoming system changes

This message details three upcoming LUGNET site changes. Briefly, these are as follows: 1. Improvements in password security 2. Removal of lugnet.off-topic.pun newsgroup 3. Name change Please see the following sections below for more details. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Registration

Hello, I recently submitted my information to join lugnet. I received a response via e-mail, but unfortunately, I deleted the message with address and e-mail to submit payment. Could you please post it here or send me an e-mail directly to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact