 Administrative / General / 9075
Re: Help with newsreader IE5.5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:31:55 GMT

"Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message
news:GB0uA0.IqM@lugnet.com...
Rose, I probably indirectly answered this on admin.nntp, so if you already • tried this and it didn't work, please let me know...

For each newsgroup that you can't download more headers:
- right click on the group
- select Properties
- select Local Files
- choose Reset
You'll lose your 'marked as read' state for the messages in this • newsgroup, but you'll be able to get all of the headers as Bryan
described. Just don't use the right-click 'Catch up' feature; it will put • you back where you are now.

Well surprisingly some of the groups worked today without having to reset
the group. I just wanted to add that if you don't "catch-up" then the group
shows that messages are unread. So I downloaded all the headers I wanted,
"one year back" and then hit catch-up. This disables being able to download
and more older headers but it does not affect the ones I already downloaded.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Rose