 Administrative / General / 9074
Re: Help with newsreader IE5.5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:37:57 GMT

Rose, I probably indirectly answered this on admin.nntp, so if you already tried this and it didn't work, please let me know...

For each newsgroup that you can't download more headers:
- right click on the group
- select Properties
- select Local Files
- choose Reset
You'll lose your 'marked as read' state for the messages in this newsgroup, but you'll be able to get all of the headers as Bryan
described. Just don't use the right-click 'Catch up' feature; it will put you back where you are now.

Cary

"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:GAzGEH.EqL@lugnet.com...
Well this works with the groups that I could previously download old
messages from. However, I can not download messages from some groups,
trains, dear Lego, town, etc.

Rose
"Bryan Beckwith" <bbbeckwi@mail.SPAMBLOCKuccs.edu> wrote in message
I am assuming that you mean you use Outlook Express with IE5.5, if so,
hopefully this will help.  If not, just ignore my post. :-)

Under the Tools menu there is a 'Get next 300 headers' command which • should
help.  There is also a 'get next headers' button on the toolbar.  The icon
has two envelopes with a small arrow over them.

You might also want to check under Tools/Options and then on the • Maintenance
tab make sure OE isn't set to delete the headers 5 days after downloading
them (which I believe is the default).

Hope this helps.

Bryan Beckwith

"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:GAxsH2.Jq@lugnet.com...
We just upgraded to IE 5.5 and when we resubscribed to LUGNET we are not
able to download the headers for older messages in some groups. We used • to
be able to see the messages for a year.

Rose