 Administrative / General / 9026
  Re: Calling it Quits

(...) This is another joke right? I hope so, cuz this is nothing to get this wound up about Gabe (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Calling it Quits

(...) It isn't a joke. Perhaps I'm in a bad mood, but I really am getting sick of all these jokes, and I do have a real concern for the viability of electronic communication. I must stress however that I don't think we're that close to the brink of (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Calling it Quits

(...) Frank Filz replied: (...) Please consider these words of wisdom: "I suggest every one try and remember one of the most important rules of electronic communication: If you are upset or angered by a post, mark it unread and come back in an hour (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Calling it Quits

(...) Excellent advice (and ironic that you cited who you cited). In this particular case, though, I think Frank *is* on to something. I think in this electronic age, we go through the cycle of -that's new, it's neat... wow, who'd have thunk of it! (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Calling it Quits

(...) And I strongly feel that this media lends itself to people acting in a manner they normally wouldn't in a face-to-face, real life situation (flaming. etc). Since computers create a safe distance, people start acting like they can say anything. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general)