 Administrative / General / 9007
  Web interface "quirk"?

I am not sure I have the followup set right. I don't quite grasp if web interface issues belong in .general or .nntp (neither does the filter discussion belong in .nntp, but I digress). I have noticed the following behaviour which seems quirky to (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Web interface "quirk"?

Grumble grumble (at myself), I cut and pasted incorrecty and didn't post this originally to .nntp (just to .general twice, which fortunatly resulted in only one post) Sorry about that. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Web interface "quirk"?

(...) Has anyone else seen this behavior? Any comments? ++Lar (23 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Web interface "quirk"?

(...) It's issues like this which are why I end up always coming back to using a news reader as my primary reading tool. When I do browse posts through the web interface, I always open the post in another window, so I can return to the original list (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Web interface "quirk"?

(...) It could probably go in either, but since this is news-related, I'm more comfortable with it being in the .nntp group. If you're talking about the TLC filter, that's pretty much entirely and .nntp thing. (...) Ya, it's a quirk (and I find it (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Web interface "quirk"?

(...) Hmm... how about fixing it when you come in via a particular newsgroup listing (where the context is clear) but leaving the current behaviour when you come in from a search, for example, or from the top post list, or whenever the context isn't (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)